About Garden of Life’s Grain Free Protein:
“Organic Plant Protein is a Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified plant protein supplement that is different to any other protein in the Garden of Life line. Organic Plant Protein is uniquely formulated to have superior taste and texture, ideal for anyone looking for a clean protein supplement that is free of common allergens such as gluten, grains, dairy and soy.
- Unique Protein Blend – Organic Plant Protein is made with a new different innovative blend of certified organic proteins which gives it an exceptional smooth and creamy texture… with no gritty texture
- Tastes Delicious – Designed for superior taste and texture when mixed just with water. Available in 4 mouth-watering flavors…Smooth Chocolate, Smooth Vanilla, Smooth Coffee (with Marley Coffee) and Smooth Energy (with Guayaki® Yerba Mate and added vitamin B12). All flavors are natural and organic, no artificial ingredients are used. Also tastes incredible with 8oz unsweetened almond milk.
- Grain Free and Gluten Free – all Garden of Life proteins are labelled gluten free, however Organic Plant Protein is unique in that it does not contain any grains or brown rice, and is therefore the only GOL protein that is considered both grain free and gluten free.
- Highly Digestible – Organic Plant Protein delivers highly digestible grain free plant protein with 13 enzymes and 1 billion CFU of probiotics. This is important for those people who have difficulty digesting grains.
- USDA Organic Farms – Garden of Life is working closely with and supporting several family farms in North America and Canada to produce high quality clean proteins. Organic Plant Protein is made with a unique blend of seven nutritious plant proteins, five organic American seed proteins — organic pea seed, organic flax seed, organic cranberry seed, organic chia seed and organic pumpkin seed. We work with our farmers to ensure that these ingredients are top quality and the cleanest available.
- 2 African Super Foods – Moringa and Baobab are rich in protein, minerals and antioxidants. We purchase them through the African Hub to guarantee Fair Trade.
- Excellent Source Protein – 15 grams of quality plant protein per serving with Complete Amino Acid Profile – ideal for growth, building muscles and repairing tissues.†
- Over 3g Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). Great for athletes, pre- or post-exercise, and anyone who wants to boost protein intake.
- Less than 1g Sugar*, 2g to 4g of Fiber and Only 100 Calories per Serving – ideal macronutrient profile for the health conscious and for weight management.†
- Cleanest protein on the shelf with DUAL Certification – All Garden of Life proteins including Organic Plant Protein are dual certified, Certified USDA Organic, and Non-GMO Project Verified (Independent, third-party verification). This is a gold standard for Garden of Life, yet it is surprisingly rare in our industry at present.
- Vegan Certified, Kosher – No Dairy, No Soy. No Artificial or Chemical Ingredients.”
Oh man…..I was SO excited to hear about this new product from Garden of Life. In case you are new to ROO, I’ll let you know now that Garden of Life is one of my very favorite supplement brands. Not only do they make amazing organic & raw products, but they are based in my hometown of Jupiter, Florida (West Palm Beach).
Grain free appeals to me because I just find that I feel better, more clear and less bloated when I limit my grain intake. I don’t seem to have a problem with Garden of Life’s brown rice protein, but I love changing up my protein game–giving my body a different array of nutrients each time.
Briefly, I also think that most problems with grains are the quality and source of the grain and whether it is sprouted or not. In other words, I don’t think grains are horrible. Most mass-produced grains are junk because they are genetically modified and hard to digest. However, is a grain is organic, non-gmo and sprouted, I do see it as having some positive benefits when consumed in moderation (not a huge part of the diet). With cruddy grains being so rampant, sometimes it is indeed helpful to pick grain free options to steer clear of the genetically modified, hard to digest grains that are most common.
The flavor of these Smooth, Grain-Free blends is sublime. It truly is smooth! You don’t need a mixer other than water, if you’re asking me. But, it makes it even more over-the-top rich and creamy when mixed with coconut or almond milk.
This brand is always so generous and eager to get new people to try their products. Now is no exception, as they want some of your to give these grain-free proteins a try!
1. Leave me a comment filled with some positivity–anything you wish! 🙂