This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Platejoy.
PlateJoy is a personalized meal planning app that makes healthy eating easy.
Personalize your meal plan by taking a lifestyle quiz about your tastes, health goals, family size, schedule and more
Receive delicious, custom-designed meal plans that simplify your life and keep you feeling fit this summer.
Why PlateJoy is Awesome:
– Start a new diet or eating plan easily: low carb, low sodium, keto, paleo, weight loss, food allergies, vegetarian, vegan and more
– Find the type of cooking that works for your household: family friendly, batch cooking, slow cooker meals, budget, etc.
– Get recipes that really fit your schedule: Get plans for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack, or pick only the meals you need. You can change the exact number of meals each week, to fit your exact schedule.
– No more food waste. Your digital pantry keeps track of ingredients you already have, and we pair your recipes together smartly to reduce waste.
– Get optional same-day delivery, with no packaging or subscriptions. We integrate with local stores in your town, so you can get optional delivery when you want it, without boxes of dry ice.
– Access all your plans on the go. Easy to use because your recipes are sent straight to your phone.
My boyfriend and I live together and we are both pretty big eaters! We do so much cooking at home, both because we enjoy it and it’s more cost effective than going out to eat all the time. Luke coaches Crossfit and ran track in college, so with my food/athletic experience and his knowledge, we are both decently educated in nutrition and do a pretty good job of making it happen for ourselves as far as home-cooked meals go.
But even then, there are times we lack creativity and find ourselves cravings some new dishes and new ideas. I’ve never been signed up for anything similar to Platejoy; we’ve always just been winging it in the kitchen and putting all the healthy foods we like together in a yummy way. I wasn’t sure at first that it would be of use for us since we are health nuts most of the time.
I was so encouraged and surprised to see how many great ideas I have been getting from Platejoy. I really love that you can search for recipes by ingredient based on what we have at home. While I’m not big on abiding by and sticking to exact measurements/recipes, I like getting new concepts for dishes or ways to change up meals I’ve made a bunch of times.
Probably the biggest advantage I see of having Platejoy is that you can acquire a “menu” to use that completely adheres to your style of eating, whether it’s vegan, low-carb, no eggs, etc. This a game changer actually. We strive to eat gluten and dairy free (Luke eats eggs, I limit them) with a focus on healthy fats, veggies and some fruit. It was super easy to “tell” my Platejoy sign up page that that’s the way we eat. Then voila! It was like ready to go, customized-feeling batch of meals and ideas for us to take and run with. You can even enter your weight loss goals (if you have any) and get a shopping list to take to the grocery store. So many thoughtful + cool little perks.
We typically don’t have an issue with food waste, but it’s awesome that Platejoy can help you eliminate that by telling you how much food to buy based on how many of you are in your household. Also the handiness and accessibility provided through the app is awesome for taking your phone into the kitchen/planning/etc.
Two of the meals I’ve made so far are pictured above! I made the Mango + Greens Smoothie alongside the Breakfast hash (I added in sweet potato and pork sausage instead of the apple and bacon in the recipe. They are both so satisfying and DELISH!